Bob Turner won a historic election in 2011, becoming the first Republican Congressman to serve the 9th district in over 80 years. He served from 2011 until 2013 when he was re-districted.
- Bob was the first Republican to serve the 9th Congressional District in more than 80 years.
- Turner served on the Homeland Security; Foreign Affairs; and Veterans Committee
- He voted for more funding for Homeland Security.
- Emphasized the need to secure NYC to prevent another 9/11.
- Co-Sponsored (H.R. 556) condemning Iran for Human Rights Abuses.
- Voted for The Protect Life Act (H.R. 358) prohibit any federal funding to be used to purchase health insurance plans covering abortion.
- Voted for to Repeal Obamacare (H.R. 6079).
- Voted for the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (H.R. 8), extending marriage-penalty relief, extending $1,000 child tax credit, and 15-percent top tax rate on capital gains. Signed by the President and Became Law.