Senator Serf Maltese
Serf Maltese became the State Senator for the 15th district from 1988 and remained in office until 2008.
- Served in the State Senate for 10 terms.
- Chairman of the Senate Standing Committee on Elections 1995-2002
- Served on the Senate Committee for Veterans; Finance; Higher Education; and Judiciary.
- The prime sponsor of a bill that created 250-bed State Veterans Nursing Home in St. Albans.
- Secured $175 million to Wyckoff Heights Hospital.
- Secured $55 million to CUNY LaGuardia Community College.
- Secured $1 million to the Ridgewood Greater Youth Council.
- Passed Legislation strengthening ban on Child Pornography.
- Sponsored Legislation to ban partial birth abortion.
- Sponsored landmark Sexual Assault Reform.
- Sponsored anti-terrorism legislation.
- Sponsored the “Mathis Assault Law”.
- Sponsored a $55 million college tuition tax credit.
- Voted for The Medicaid Fraud Prevention and Recovery Reform Act of 2006 (S.6872-A)